Legendary Rhine & Moselle
12 night cruise sailing from Basel aboard the River Queen.
DescriptionTravel through five remarkable countries along the legendary Rhine and vineyard-rich Moselle rivers. Explore the riches of five magnificent countries while sailing two brilliant waterways on this remarkable journey. Cruise along the Rhine and Moselle rivers, punctuated with striking castles and charming towns, through The Netherlands, Germany, Luxembourg, France and Switzerland, sampling the highlights along the way. Enjoy amazing museums, ancient Roman ruins and exclusive visits to renowned local wine estates, all with astonishing landscapes framing every moment. Discover extraordinary Roman ruins, romantic castle-dotted shores, and lively cities. Revel in the unmatched beauty of the Moselle and Rhine rivers. Explore the delights of five nations and savor the best these regions have to offer. Step into the pages of a fairytale as you walk through the cobblestone streets of postcard-perfect towns such as Cochem, Bernkastel, Rüdesheim, and Colmar. Cruise along the historic canals of vibrant Amsterdam and picturesque Strasbourg. “Go active” with a hike to the 12th-century Thurant Castle and meet the castle keeper on a private tour. Take in the grand landmarks of Cologne, Trier, and Speyer, and visit a host of renowned museums. Gain an insiders’ perspective on—and an appreciation for—the region’s flavors with tastings of elegant Rieslings in the Alsatian villages of Kayserberg and Riquewihr, the only area in France permitted to grow these grapes. At exclusive visits to the Ediger-Eller village and Dr. Pauly-Bergweiler wine estate, you’ll experience exceptional examples of Riesling wine in the region of Germany that makes the best: the Mosel. Art, history, architecture, and ravishing landscapes—as you cruise the breathtaking Moselle and the romantic Rhine, you’ll have time to enjoy them all.
- Outside from:$619913 Day Europe River Cruise departing Basel.
- 12 Nights accommodation staying onboard the regal River Queen in a Category 5 Cabin.
- 12 Breakfasts, 11 Lunches, 12 Dinners including Captain's Welcome Gala and Farewell Dinners.
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, and mineral water.
- 12 Days of excursions, including "Choice Is Yours" options, fully hosted by English-speaking local guides.
- An experienced Cruise Manager and attentive, all English-speaking staff.
- Guided "Do as the Locals Do", "Village Day" & "Gentle Walking" programs.
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio headset system on all shore excursions during your cruise.
- Use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks throughout your cruise.
- Captivating onboard local entertainment.
- Cultural enrichment including Signature Lecture.
- Scheduled airport transfers on arrival and departure days.
- All gratuities for all onboard and onshore services.
- FREE Internet and Wi-Fi.
- BONUS Solo Saving Offer, Save $3,700* per person
Designed to resemble a 1930s steamship with an art deco themed interior, the River Queen is one of the most unique cruise ships in Europe. Painted in shades of sky blue with white accents, all three decks of this vessel feature classic styling details and modern amenities.
The ship is managed by Uniworld River Cruises, and houses 60 staterooms and 4 suites, all of which are fitted with a built-in closet, hair dryer, flat-screen television and private bathroom. Fresh bottled water is provided daily, and travellers can get a good night’s sleep in hotel-style beds with European duvets. A fitness centre, guest library, full-service bar and several lounge areas can also be found on board.
To learn more about the River Queen and European river cruises, call Cruiseabout on 1300 769 228 to speak with one of our expert consultants. We can assist you with bookings, accommodation, flights and travel insurance.
FacilitiesFood and Drink: 24-Hour Tea and Coffee Bar, Bar, Coffee Bar, Restaurant.Other: Boutique, Elevator, Ironing Room, Laundry Service, Reception.Fitness: Fitness Center.Technology: Internet.Recreational: Library.Relaxation: Sun Deck.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 June 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Cruiseabout cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Cruiseabout travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.