Rhine Holiday Markets
7 night cruise sailing from Basel aboard the S.S. Antoinette.
DescriptionShare in the joy of the season while cruising along the legendary Rhine through three wonderful countries. Make this season an unforgettable one, sailing the Rhine River through Switzerland, France and Germany on this special holiday itinerary. Explore charming towns and discover treasures in some of Europe’s finest traditional Christmas markets. You’ll revel in the brilliant holiday decorations and in tasting the many treats and spiced wines of the season. This is truly the way to celebrate Christmas! Switzerland, France, and Germany provide the perfect backdrop for this true connoisseur’s Christmas Markets cruise. Discover the roots of our Christmas traditions as you explore some of Europe’s most charming towns. Browse for unique ornaments in Basel’s Christmas Market. Sip vin chaud as you stroll to Place Kléber to behold the enormous, brilliantly lighted tree that Strasbourg offers modern celebrants. Find unexpected treasures in the red-roofed stalls clustered around Cologne’s magnificent cathedral. Savor tantalizing once-a-year treats with Uniworld’s “Taste of Christmas” Program, including gingerbread, crepes with cinnamon, and warm spiced wine. See how the Baroque town hall of Koblenz is transformed into an Advent calendar. Revel in brightly painted carousels and handmade ornaments, Medieval squares illuminated by twinkling lights, life-sized Nativity figures, and joyful brass choirs. Sail through castle-strewn hillsides and visit charming towns decked in holiday finery for a holiday season you will never forget.
- Outside from:$38998 Day Europe River Cruise departing Basel.
- 7 Nights accommodation staying onboard the exquisite SS Antoinette in a Category 5 Cabin.
- 7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 7 Dinners including a Captain's Welcome Gala and Farewell Dinners.
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, and mineral water.
- 6 Days of excursions fully hosted by English-speaking local guides.
- Guided "Taste of Christmas" and "Gentle Walking" programs.
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio headset system on all shore excursions.
- Captivating onboard local entertainment.
- Cultural enrichment including Signature Lecture.
- An experienced Cruise Manager and attentive, all English-speaking staff.
- Scheduled airport transfers on arrival and departure days.
- All gratuities for all onboard and onshore services.
As Uniworld Cruises’ first ever new build, the SS Antoinette ‘Super Ship’ made quite a splash when it joined the fleet in 2011. Prepare yourself to be wowed from your first step on board – this luxurious ship is one of the most innovative river liners on Europe’s waterways and proudly boasts a decadent design, epitomised in the stunning ten-foot tall Strauss Baccarat chandelier made from blue sapphires that is found in the ship’s lobby.
Carrying 154 passengers, the SS Antoinette also features a range of exclusive services and facilities that cannot be found on any other river ship. Look out for the 22-seat cinema with Dolby Surround Sound, sheltered public spaces on the top deck, a pool and adjoining hot tub, plus many more innovative features!
If you’re looking for a little piece of luxury, then a cruise on the SS Antoinette might just be in order! Get in touch with a Cruiseabout consultant today to organise your holiday on 1300 769 228 or via the email form below.
FacilitiesFood and Drink: 24-Hour Tea and Coffee Bar, Juice Bar, Restaurant.Fitness: Fitness Center.Other: Laundry Service, Tours Office.Entertainment: Salon du Grand Trianon, Theatre.Relaxation: Sun Deck, Swimming Pool.
- The offers are not combinable with any other special offer except for Past Guest Savings and can be withdrawn anytime without prior notice. Full payment is required within 3 days of booking.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 January 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Cruiseabout cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Cruiseabout travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.