Bordeaux, Vineyards & Chateaux
7 night cruise sailing from Bordeaux aboard the River Royale.
DescriptionDiscover the proud legacy of one of the world’s most acclaimed wine regions From its noble châteaux to its breathtaking estuary, Bordeaux is an oenophile’s paradise and every traveller’s dream. Sail three stunning rivers—the Garonne, the Dordogne and the Gironde—on one amazing journey. Savour the unique heritage of southwest France, from delightful Pauillac, the gateway to the storied Médoc wine route, to elegant Bordeaux, the “Pearl of the Aquitaine,” as the region is also known. Explore Saint-Émilion’s astonishing 12th-century Monolithic Church, and enjoy the beautiful Médoc vineyards on a bicycle. Throughout your journey, you’ll be treated to a grand display of culinary magic. Taste regional delights and delve deeply into the region’s exalted wines. Taste lovely Médoc vintages; visit the cellars of Premier Grand Cru in Saint-Émilion, where you’ll savor the world’s most highly rated wines; and embark upon a study of Sauternes, meeting the winemakers and enjoying a wine-pairing lunch at Château de Cazeneuve. Discover the douceur de vivre (sweet life) for which this region is known.
- Outside from:$94988 Day Europe River Cruise departing Bordeaux.
- Return business class airfare with Qatar Airlines, Cathay Pacific Airlines or KLM Airlines including prepaid taxes.
- 7 Nights accommodation staying onboard the breathtaking River Royale in a Category 5 cabin.
- 7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 7 Dinners including Captain's Welcome Gala and Farewell Dinner.
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, and mineral water.
- 6 Days excursions including "Choice is Yours" options, fully hosted by English-speaking local experts.
- Guided "Go Active", "Do as the Locals Do", "Village Day" and "Gentle Walking" programs.
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio headset system on all shore excursions during your cruise.
- Captivating onboard local entertainment.
- Cultural enrichment including Signature Lecture.
- Use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks throughout your cruise.
- An experienced Cruise Manager and attentive, all English-speaking staff.
- Scheduled airport transfers on arrival and departure days.
- All gratuities for all onboard and onshore services.
- EXCLUSIVE Connoisseur Collection on select departures.
The River Royale was designed to reflect Europe’s beautiful Bordeaux region. Modern amenities blend seamlessly into richly-appointed public spaces, presenting guests with a warm and inviting setting. Constructed with an emphasis on luxury and comfort, the ship’s staterooms are fitted with a built-in closet, hair dryer, security safe, flat-screen TV and individual thermostat. There are a total of 64 staterooms and one suite on board, accommodating 130 guests.
Guests on the River Royale are taken down the Garonne River and Dordogne River, past rustic vineyards and charming European cities. The ship’s La Gironde Deck houses a fitness centre, Serenity River Spa, 24-hour coffee station lounge and a full-service bar. A lavish restaurant can be found on the Bordeaux deck, along with a café and Claret Room, and the ship’s upper level features a spa tub, Sun Deck and an additional café. The La Durance deck houses additional staterooms and staff facilities.
Call Cruiseabout today on 1300 769 228 for more details on the River Royale. Our expert consultants can also help you find a suitable itinerary, as well as flights, accommodation and travel insurance.
FacilitiesFood and Drink: 24-Hour Tea and Coffee Bar, Bar, Cafe, Patio Lounge, Restaurant.Other: Boutique, Elevator, Laundry Service, Reception.Fitness: Fitness Center.Relaxation: Jacuzzi, Sauna.
- Prices are per person and represent adult fares including any applicable taxes and surcharges. The offers are based on fares to the nearest available online European city to the cruise embarkation point or an available alternative as advised at time of booking (excluding London). Airline carriers include Qatar Airline, KLM Airlines and Cathay Pacific Airlines. The air carrier is selected at the discretion of Uniworld, based on available fare classes at the time of booking and must be purchased in conjunction with a 2018 Uniworld Europe departure. The airfare cannot be sold in isolation and is subject to availability. Uniworld reserves the right to correct errors or omissions and to change any and all fares, fees and surcharges at any time. Airfares are valid departing from Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth, subject to selected carriers and routing. A surcharge may apply if booking class is not available and higher booking class is required. Payment terms Business Class Airfares: 10% cruise deposit and full payment of business class airfare due within 5 days. Final payment of cruise fare due by 31 Jan 2018 or 120 days prior to cruise departure, whichever comes first. By paying your fare you accept the Terms and Conditions of the Uniworld Air Offer, and tickets will be issued. Our partner airlines reserve the right to advise an earlier airfare Ticketing Time Limit date, subject to booking conditions and restrictions. Stopovers are subject to an additional surcharge and flight restrictions. Stopovers are subject to an additional surcharge and flight restrictions apply. After ticket issuance, date changes and cancellation fees apply. The promotion is capacity controlled, offer may not be combined with any other offer, except for past guest savings. This offer is valid on all available cabin categories on all 2018 departures across Europe (excludes Russia) sailings from 1 March to 15 November 2018. For cruise departures where flights are out of date range at time of booking, we will issue tickets only when the return date is within range, approximately 331 days prior to the selected return date. Tickets will only be issued when flights have been confirmed by you or your travel agent. We will do everything reasonably possible to fulfil the air offer. However, if we are unable to fulfil the flights for any reason, we will revert your booking to the cruise only early booking promotion available at the time your booking was made. Offers may be withdrawn or amended at any time.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 September 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Cruiseabout cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Cruiseabout travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.