Rhine Getaway - Basel to Amsterdam
7 night cruise sailing from Basel aboard the Viking Eir.
DescriptionVisit all the highlights of the legendary Rhine in just 8 days. In Germany, see the many charming castles commanding the riverbanks as you sail by, and tour both Marksburg Castle and the ruins of Heidelberg Castle. Admire Cologne, the jewel of the Rhine, with its awe-inspiring Dom, and experience the lush landscape of the Black Forest region. Also, explore Holland’s famous windmills and waterworks, encounter multicultural Strasbourg in France, and take part in the inviting nightlife in Rüdesheim’s Drosselgasse. On this itinerary you see a lot—without spending a lot of time.
Discover the hidden beauty of the Rhine and the picturesque villages that line its banks aboard Viking Cruises' longship, the Viking Eir. This recent addition to the Viking fleet boasts a variety of staterooms, an array of elegant amenities and service that is second to none.
From the moment you step aboard this boutique ship, the atmosphere is welcoming, the environment filled with light and the views abound. Enjoy a meal al fresco on the innovative Aquavit Terrace in the ship's bow, with indoor/outdoor area and retractable sliding glass doors. Dine in style at the upscale restaurant, marvel at the sun set from the sun deck with 360 degree views, or relax with newfound friends in the lounge and bar.
When it comes to accommodation, each stateroom features outside views, while suites boast separate sitting and sleeping areas with a veranda and French balcony. Regardless of your choice, the atmosphere is casually elegant with refrigerators, safes, climate control and flat screen televisions just some of the standard extras.
Entertainment and activities focus on the culture of your voyage and include exciting shore excursions, workshops, lectures and cooking classes.
To find out more about the Viking Eir and its voyages, contact 1300 769 228. Our team of expert cruise consultants can assist with your travel needs including flights, accommodation, travel insurance, and touring.
FacilitiesFood and Drink: Bar, Restaurant.Other: Boutique, Experts Lecture Programme, Walking Track.Entertainment: Golf Putting Green, In-Room Infotainment, Local Entertainers, Local Tastings.Relaxation: Herb Garden, Sun Deck, Terrace.Recreational: Library.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 December 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Cruiseabout cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Cruiseabout travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.