Search & Book Cruise Deals
- Currency - the local currency in Sydney is the Australian Dollar. Coins come in 5, 10, 20 and 50-cent denominations, as well as 1 and 2 dollar coins. Notes come in 5, 10, 20, 50 and 100-dollar denominations.
- Time Zone - Sydney uses Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST). It is 10 hours ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC+10).
- Weather - Sydney enjoys a comfortable, temperate climate with warm summers, mild winters and sunshine spread throughout the year. Average temperatures range from 26 degrees Celsius in summer (December to February) and 16 degrees Celsius in winter (June to August).
- The Rocks - just moments from the Overseas Passenger Terminal, the historic Rocks district reflects Sydney’s early convict days with its cobbled streets, sandstone terraces and early pubs. This picturesque precinct is a popular attraction for visitors and locals alike with its museums, galleries, markets and harbour views.
- Museum of Contemporary Art - located just a stone’s throw from Circular Quay and the Overseas Passenger Terminal, the Museum of Contemporary Art (MCA) is Australia’s premier museum dedicated to collecting and exhibiting local and international contemporary art. From travelling exhibits to progressive new media, the MCA is renowned for its engaging diversity.
- Rozelle Market - located just moments from the White Bay Cruise Terminal, over the past two decades Rozelle Market has become Sydney’s best second-hand marketplace. Held in the historic grounds of Rozelle Public School, more than 100 stalls are set up every weekend to sell a variety of antiques, collectors items, bric-a-brac and clothing.
- Bondi Beach - with its golden sands and world-famous waves, Bondi Beach is an iconic Sydney attraction. Beyond the surf Bondi is home to fine dining, shopping, entertainment and coastal walks to enjoy. Easy to reach from both cruise terminals, Bondi Beach is a must-do for all visitors to Sydney.
- Overseas Passenger Terminal - Located in the heart of Sydney Harbour, the Overseas Passenger Terminal is approximately 2 kilometres from Sydney CBD and 13 kilometres from Sydney Airport.
- White Bay Cruise Terminal - Located in Rozelle, the White Bay Cruise Terminal is approximately 6 kilometres from Sydney CBD and 17 kilometres from Sydney Airport.
Overseas Passenger Terminal
- Minibus stop and taxi rank.
- Casual and fine dining options.
- Souvenir shopping.
- Tourist information and ATM.
- Toilets, lifts and escalators.
The terminal lies within easy reach of bus, train, ferry and taxi services. Accommodation is available nearby at hotels in The Rocks, Circular Quay and Sydney CBD.
White Bay Cruise Terminal
- Food and beverage kiosk.
- On-site short-term parking.
- Payphones, toilets and ATM.
- Minibus stop and taxi rank.
The terminal lies within easy reach of taxi, private vehicle and cruise line transfer options. Accommodation is available at hotels in the suburb of Rozelle, as well Sydney’s nearby CBD.
HOW TO GET AROUND
Travel Times from Overseas Passenger Terminal
Located in the heart of Sydney Harbour, the Overseas Passenger Terminal is within walking distance to a range of transport services, tourist destinations and the city centre. Several cruise lines organise coach transfers.
- 500 metres to Circular Quay Station
- 500 metres to The Rocks historic district
- 9 minutes to Central Station
- 25 minutes to Sydney Airport
- 1.5 kilometres to Sydney Town Hall, CBD (AUD$10-$20)
- 12 kilometres to Sydney Airport ($40-$60)
Travel Times from White Bay Cruise Terminal
The White Bay Cruise Terminal is located in Rozelle, just 4 kilometres from Sydney CBD. The easiest ways to and from the terminal are by taxi, private vehicle or cruise line transfer.
- 4 kilometres to Sydney Town Hall, CBD ($10-$20)