Discover the delights of island living when you go on a South Pacific cruise. Enjoy breathtaking sunsets in Fiji, be inspired by Vanuatu’s dramatic landscapes and explore New Caledonia’s French heritage - cruising the Pacific Islands offers the ultimate in fun and relaxation!
Whether you're looking for a romantic getaway, fun-filled family holiday or a relaxing island retreat, try a South Pacific cruise today. Call one of our Cruise Specialists on 1300 769 228 or send us an email using the form below.
South Pacific Cruises
Boasting some of the world's most spectacular island landscapes, the South Pacific islands are - for many visitors - a must-see destination. And what better way to see them than by cruising the tranquil waters between the islands?
Who Goes There?
Australians love visiting the South Pacific and plenty of cruise lines offer a wide range of itineraries to this enthralling destination.
Big-ship cruise lines such as P&O Australia, Princess Cruises and Carnival Australia visit the region all year round, while the Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises, Cunard Line and Holland America Line offer itineraries from September through to May.
Cruise enthusiasts can also indulge in South Pacific cruise on the decidedly luxurious Paul Gauguin, which services the region year-round. Alternatively, enjoy a short trip to the Yasawa Islands with small-ship lines, Captain Cook Cruises and Blue Lagoon Cruises.
Best time to go?
Given its warm temperatures and fresh sea breezes, the dry season from May to October is often the best time to cruise the South Pacific region. From November through to April, the wet season rolls in, with tropical storms and extreme humidity the order of the day.
The South Pacific also attracts plenty of tourists during the July to August and December to January school holiday periods, so plan around these busy times if you wish to avoid the crowds.
Things to See and Do
Among the countless highlights of a South Pacific cruise, here are a select few to get you started.
- Diving in the Solomon Islands - for a once-in-a-lifetime experience, dive among historic WWII shipwrecks
- Nadi, Fiji - visit one of Nadi’s most recognisable landmarks, the magnificently-decorated Sri Siva Subramaniya Swami Temple
- Nounou Mountain, Fiji - take a hike on Fiji’s Nounou Mountain - also known as 'Sleeping Giant' - and admire the scenic surrounds of blossoms and native plants
- Snorkelling in Samoa - discover colourful coral and exotic marine life while snorkelling at Palolo Deep Marine Reserve
- Bora Bora - be enchanted by Bora Bora’s crystal-clear lagoons on a day of snorkelling or diving.