Search & Book Cruise Deals
- Currency - the local currency in Melbourne is the Australian dollar. Coins come in 5, 10, 20 and 50 cent and $1 and $2 denominations. Notes come in $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100 denominations.
- Time Zone - Melbourne uses Australian Eastern Standard Time. It is 10 hours ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
- Weather - Melbourne enjoys a moderate oceanic climate with warm to hot summers and cool winters. Average temperatures range from 25º Celsius in summer (December to February) to 14 º Celsius in winter (June to August).
- The Block Arcade - The Block Arcade in the heart of downtown Melbourne is a beautiful Victorian era building with mosaic tile flooring, heritage-glass canopy and carved stone. Stop for coffee at one of the chic cafes lining Block Place before shopping in the boutique stores.
- Queen Victoria Market - cultural landmark, tourist attraction, fresh food shopping haven – the Queen Victoria Market is a must for visitors. Located just 7 kilometres from Station Pier, it features more than 600 retailers selling everything from fresh organic produce to local gourmet foods, fashion and crafts. Come Sunday, the markets are transformed into a hub of activity with street performers.
- St Kilda - just 5 kilometres from Station Pier is St Kilda. Renowned for its historic architecture, long esplanade, and history as a centre of arts and culture, the suburb boasts an exciting range of events all year round. Be sure to check out the Palais Theatre and Jewish Museum of Australia.
- ACMI - located in the heart of Melbourne’s Federation Square, the Australian Centre for Moving Image (ACMI) is a cultural institution. Celebrating and promoting the moving image in all its forms – film, television and digital culture – the centre displays an exciting range of Australian and international exhibitions, festivals, workshops and film resources.
- visitor information services
- lounge facilities
- easy connections to and from the city centre via tram
- two dedicated taxi phones
- dedicated coach and taxi areas.
How to Get Around
There are several ways to travel to and from Station Pier. The Skybus shuttle service is reasonably close, ensuring easy access to Melbourne Airport. Several cruise lines operate tour buses from the terminal.
Travel times from Station Pier
- 10 minutes to Melbourne CBD (taxi $10 to $20)
- 30 minutes to Melbourne Airport (taxi $40 to $60).
The Route 109 tram from Beacon Cove terminus is just 450 metres from Station Pier, offering a convenient link to Melbourne’s CBD.
- 15 minutes to Melbourne CBD.