Search & Book Cruise Deals
- Currency - the local currency is the Australian dollar. Coins come in 5, 10, 20 and 50 cent and $1 and $2 denominations. Notes come in $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100 denominations.
- Time Zone - Fremantle is on Australian Western Standard Time, which is 8 hours ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
- Weather - Fremantle enjoys a Mediterranean climate, with a regular sea breeze known as the Fremantle Doctor providing relief from the summer heat. Average temperatures range from 27° Celsius in summer (December to February) to 11° Celsius in winter (June to August).
- Western Australian Maritime Museum - only moments from the terminal is the fascinating Western Australian Maritime Museum. Showcasing a range of fascinating and interactive exhibitions, the museum explores Western Australia’s important relationship with the sea. Be amazed by the many true-life displays, including the America’s Cup winning yacht, Australia II.
- Fremantle Prison - the Fremantle Prison is Western Australia’s only World Heritage Listed building. Take a tour through this historic convict-built prison and learn of its 140-year history. Decommissioned in 1991 and opened to the public in 1992, the prison has become one of Australia’s most popular cultural attractions.
- Fremantle Markets - one of the city’s best known attractions, the Fremantle Markets is housed in a striking Victorian-era building at the end of Cappuccino Strip. More than 150 stall-holders have set up shop under one roof, selling handmade soaps, unique hand-printed clothing, souvenirs, local artworks, gifts, music and collectables.
- Cappuccino Strip - this legendary strip of outdoor cafes and restaurants is the centre of Fremantle’s food and entertainment scene. Only a short walk from the terminal, Cappuccino Strip is the perfect place to sit down and enjoy a delicious coffee, craft beer or glass of wine, and watch the world go by.
- cafe and licensed bar area
- complimentary Wi-Fi
- set down and pick-up parking
- volunteer tourist guides.
How to Get Around
There are many ways to get to and from the Fremantle Passenger Terminal. Getting to Fremantle city centre is best done on foot, although there is a complimentary cruise shuttle from the terminal to Kings Square.
Car rental services are provided at the terminal and are best booked through the Fremantle Visitor Centre’s booking desk.
Travel times from Fremantle Passenger Terminal
- 15 minutes to King Square, Fremantle CBD
- 15 minutes to Fremantle Visitor Centre.
- 25 minutes to Perth CDB (taxi $30 to $35)
- 35 minutes to Perth Airport (taxi $50 to $55).
The Passenger Terminal is well connected to rail links and is about 500 metres from Fremantle Station by foot.
- 35 minutes to Perth Station, CBD.