Search & Book Cruise Deals
- Currency - the local currency is the New Zealand dollar. Coins come in $1, $2, 10, 20 and 50 cent denominations. Notes come in $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100 denominations.
- Time Zone - Auckland is on New Zealand Standard Time. It is 12 hours ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
- Weather - Auckland enjoys a subtropical climate, with warm, humid summers and mild, damp winters. Average temperatures range from 23º Celsius in February to 14º Celsius in July, with high rainfall almost year round.
- Sky Tower – SKYCITY Auckland - within easy walking distance of Queens Wharf is Auckland’s SKYCITY, situated beneath the iconic Sky Tower – New Zealand’s tallest man-made structure. Go to the top to experience incredible 360-degree views for up to 80 kilometres. With 20 restaurants, cafes and bars to choose from, it is the place to go for quality dining.
- Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki - home to the country’s largest art collection, Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki is 1.2 kilometres from Queens Wharf. The main gallery exhibits impressive works by Maori, Pacific and New Zealand artists alongside a collection of international works.
- Waiheke Island - picturesque Waiheke Island is a 35-minute ferry ride from Auckland Ferry Terminal, right next to Queens Wharf. Located in the heart of Auckland’s spectacular Hauraki Gulf, the island offers a blend of farmland, forest, beaches, vineyards and olive groves. There is also a great range of activities – everything from mountain biking to wine tasting.
- Mount Eden - catch a bus or train from Britomart Transport Centre to the suburb of Mount Eden, located only 5 kilometres from Queens Wharf. Walk to the summit of Mount Eden, a volcano rising 196 metres above sea level that offers stunning views over Auckland.
Located at the bustling foot of downtown Auckland and overlooking the stunning Waiemata Harbour, Queens Wharf is well equipped to handle a high volume of passengers.
- easy access to the Auckland Ferry Terminal
- many cafes and restaurants in the historic Ferry Building
- opposite Britomart Transport Station
- parking in Britomart and Downtown car park.
How to Get Around
There are many ways to travel to and from Queens Wharf. It is a very central location, within walking distance of all main transport services, including buses, trains and ferries.
Travel times from Queens Wharf
- 2 minutes to The Britomart Transport Centre (buses and trains)
- 2 minutes to Queen Street, Auckland CBD
- 8 minutes to Auckland Ferry Terminal.
Queens Wharf is the start and termination point for the airbus express transfer bus from Auckland airport into the city.
- 40 to 60 minutes to Auckland Airport ($6 to $16), departing every 10 minutes.
- 40 minutes to Waiheke Island
- 35 minutes to Motutapu Island.