Search & Book Cruise Deals
- Time Zone - Adelaide uses Australian Central Standard Time. It is 9:30 hours ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
- Currency - the currency is the Australian dollar. Coins come in $1, $2, 5 cent, 10 cent, 20 cent and 50 cent denominations. Notes come in $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100 denominations.
- Weather - Adelaide enjoys a hot Mediterranean climate, with warm, sunny weather for most of the year. Average temperatures range from 29–30º Celsius in summer (from December to February) to 15–16 º Celsius in winter (from June to August).
- Taste The Barossa - enjoy a tour of one of Australia’s best wine-producing regions. Departing 7 days a week, the tour combines historical wineries, delicious regional food, stunning scenery and local hospitality.
- South Australian Maritime Museum - located 15 minutes from the cruise terminal, the museum is in the heart of Port Adelaide. The oldest nautical collection in Australia, it houses nearly 20,000 images and 20,000 objects ranging from figureheads and maritime instruments to paintings, models, shipwreck artefacts and vessels.
- Rundle Street - visit Rundle Mall in the East End district if you want to experience Adelaide’s colourful culture. Discover trendy fashion stores and unique gift shops. Indulge yourself at some of the city’s best-known eateries and wine bars, settle in at an historic pub, or catch a movie at the famous Palace Nova Cinemas.
- National Railway Museum - the fascinating National Railway Museum, the largest of its kind in Australia, is also in Port Adelaide. It has more than 100 exhibits representing State, Commonwealth and private railway operators. The exhibits range from massive steam engines to intricate model railways.
- drop-off zone in the terminal precinct
- direct walkway to the nearby Outer Harbor Railway Station
- off-road parking on Oliver Rogers Road
- visitor information area
How to Get Around
There is a variety of transport to and from the terminal. Several cruise lines operate shuttle services between the terminal and the city, ensuring easy access to Adelaide’s CBD.
Travel times from Port Adelaide Cruise Terminal
- 30 minutes to Adelaide CBD (taxi $45 to $50)
- 30 minutes to Adelaide airport (taxi $45 to $50)
- 15 minutes to Port Adelaide (taxi $25).
The Port Adelaide Passenger Terminal offers easy access to Adelaide city and Port Adelaide.
- 20 minutes to Port Adelaide Railway Station
- 40 minutes to Adelaide CBD.