Welcome Onboard: Celebrity Solstice
One of Celebrity Cruises’ most lauded vessels, the award-winning Celebrity Solstice is the cruise line’s youngest superliner to be based in Australia and New Zealand. This stunning ship combines modern facilities with a touch of luxury and has plenty to boast about.
Inaugurated in 2008, the Celebrity Solstice weighs in at 122,000 gross tonnage and measures 1,041 feet in length. Built to accommodate 2,850 passengers and over 1,000 crew members, the ship has 13 decks and a cruise speed of 24 knots.
- Lawn Club – One of the Celebrity Solstice’s highlights, the Lawn Club is located on the top deck of the ship and features half an acre of beautifully manicured lawn. Here, passengers can take part in casual outdoor activities.
- Sky Observation Lounge – Take in the amazing ocean views found at the front of the ship, where floor-to-ceiling windows abound.
- Canyon Ranch SpaClub® – Relax and sink deep into holiday mode as you make the most of the onboard spa’s facilities, from the solarium and Persian Garden to the lap pool and private treatment room.
- The Hot Glass Show – Enjoy a unique art experience as you watch talented individuals showing off their glassblowing craft with live demonstrations.
- Quasar – Put your dancing shoes on and boogie the night away at this vibrant nightclub, which has a distinctly retro feel.
- Solstice Theatre – Witness world-class live performances, from musical productions to intimate comedy shows, in a premier performance venue.
Onboard dining and drinking
- Grand Épernay Restaurant – Enter a world of luxury at the ship’s main dining room. Filled with eye-catching chandeliers and a two-storey glass wine tower, this restaurant oozes old-world Hollywood glamour and serves up a range of mouth-watering international cuisine.
- Mast Grill and Bar – Want to pair your sunbaking by the pool with yummy burgers and more? This is the eatery for you.
- Cellar Masters – Wine lovers rejoice! Explore vino collections from around the world at this swanky establishment, where guests are joined by experienced sommeliers who are more than happy to share their insights.
- Ensemble Lounge – Drop by for a nightcap and be soothed by the musical strains of gifted musicians and vocalists.
- Silk Harvest Restaurant – Transport your tastebuds to the Far East at this welcoming restaurant, where authentic Asian delicacies and hospitality can be found. Chinese, Japanese, Thai and Vietnamese dishes await.
The Celebrity Solstice offers passengers a variety of accommodation types to choose from, including Veranda Staterooms, Inside Staterooms, Ocean View Staterooms, Suites and Edge Staterooms. Each type of stateroom differs in some way, from size to location; however, all the suites aboard the ship boast a private mini-bar, 24-hour room service, complimentary robe, Samsung flat-screen TV and a daily turndown service.
To learn more about the highly decorated Celebrity Solstice, get in touch with the team at Cruiseabout today on 1300 954 661. Whether you would like to ask questions about the ship’s itineraries or make a booking, our knowledgeable cruise consultants are on hand to help!
Images courtesy of Getty & Instagram.