Viking River Cruises Orders Two New Ships for 2013
Posted October 15th, 2012
In response to high demand, Viking River Cruises has announced that they have placed an order for 2 additional Viking Longships in 2013, bringing the number of new ships launching next year to 8 - an industry first - and a total of 14 new Viking Longships over a 2 year period.
"As the fastest-growing segment of travel, river cruising is inspiring more vacation plans than ever before," said Torstein Hagen, Chairman & CEO of Viking River Cruises. "We are very pleased by the response we have seen to our new Viking Longships, and we are continuing our expansion to meet that demand."
Viking Longships integrate patent-pending design and cutting-edge technology with comfortable amenities that reflect guest preferences and current travel trends, such as:
- 2 Explorer Suites - the largest river cruise suites in Europe at 445 square feet, each featuring a separate living room, bedroom and private wraparound veranda, offering 270-degree views
- 7 two-room Veranda Suites, with a full-size veranda in the living room and a French balcony in the bedroom
- 39 Veranda Staterooms with full-size verandas
- 22 French Balcony Staterooms
- A revolutionary new all-weather indoor/outdoor Aquavit Terrace, which reinvents the onboard lounge experience by bringing the panoramic outdoor river scenery indoors with retractable floor-to-ceiling glass doors allowing guests to enjoy the scenery and dine al fresco
- New premium in-cabin amenities that include heated bathroom floors and mirrors, Sony HD TV's and premium bath products
- Sustainability upgrades, such as solar panels, an on-board organic herb garden and energy-efficient hybrid engines that reduce vibrations for a smoother ride
The 2 newest ships, Viking Jarl and Viking Atla, will host guests on the 7-night Rhine Getaway cruise sailing from Amsterdam to Basel. Each of the new Viking Longships will be 443 feet (135 meters) long and will feature 95 staterooms per ship.
For more information on Viking River Cruises, call one of our river Cruising Specialists on 1300 954 661 today!
Source: Viking River Cruises press release
More Like This
Revolutionary Ship Design For Celebrity’s Newest Fleet Member
Posted November 21st, 2017