Silversea’s Australia & New Zealand Luxury Expeditions
Wanting to explore some of Australia and New Zealand’s most popular destinations at a leisurely pace? Look no further than renowned luxury cruise operator Silversea. Itinerary elements range from the inimitable Kimberley coast and the world-famous Great Barrier Reef, to the beautiful waters of Milford Sound and tranquil scenery of Akaroa. Silversea’s Antipodean voyages feature a range of exciting ports and vary in length from 10 days to 18 days providing something for everyone. Below, we’ve highlighted some of the destinations and shore excursions they offer.
- Iconic Sydney is the starting point for many of Silversea’s Australian itineraries, boasting the infamous Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, Darling Harbour, Circular Quay, The Rocks and so much more!
- The country’s cultural hub and another major capital city, Melbourne is also commonly featured on Australian cruises. Here, visitors can lose themselves in a swirl of cafés, bars, restaurants, boutiques, laneways and galleries.
- Beautiful Tasmania has a wealth of history, culture and scenery. Mount Wellington's panoramic views make for a rewarding hike, Port Arthur’s penal colony is full of history, and the Museum of Old and New Art’s (MONA) collections are intriguing to say the least.
- New Zealand’s most cosmopolitan city Wellington has plenty to see and do. The Museum of New Zealand (Te Papa Tongarewa) is home to a large collection of fascinating artefacts and exhibits that shed light on the country’s rich history. Film buffs must visit Weta Cave, a special effects museum and studio hosting props from the Lord of the Rings trilogy. For nature lovers a trip to Zealandia is a must, a wildlife sanctuary home to various species of lizards, birds, trees, frogs and more.
- Napier is located in Hawke’s Bay renowned wine-producing region on New Zealand’s North Island, and is a coastal paradise. Largely rebuilt after a devastating earthquake in 1931, the city wows visitors with its art deco landmarks and architecture.
- Take a boat ride along King George River and marvel at the awe-inspiring namesake King George Falls. One of the Kimberley’s most visited attractions, the twin waterfalls are in full flow between late December and early May.
- Sit back, camera in hand, and breathe in the fresh crisp air as you sail along the majestic Milford Sound. First-class scenery in this stunning fjord won’t disappoint.
- After docking in Tauranga, you’ll have the opportunity to make your way to the Hobbiton Movie Set, where Lord of the Rings magic was brought to life.
- Located in Western Australia’s north-west coastal region, Ningaloo Marine Park is a World Heritage site. Home to a coral reef teeming with colourful marine life, we highly recommend taking part in a guided snorkelling session.
If you’re interested in hearing more about Silversea’s luxury Australian and New Zealand cruises, contact us on 1300 954 661. We would be happy to provide you with further information about specific itineraries, including prices, dates and destinations.