Hong Kong - Asia's Cruise Hub
Hong Kong, situated in the heart of Asia, is one of the world's favourite ports, offering cruisers the magnificent Victoria Harbour, a stunning skyline, a cosmopolitan East meets West vibe and world-class terminal facilities. Plus, with easy air access from anywhere in the world, and over 20 cruise lines sailing from this cruise hub, Hong Kong truly is the perfect place to start your cruise.
Cruising from Hong Kong
From short voyages to world cruises, Hong Kong can offer you an itinerary to match your needs and tastes. Some of the worlds best cruise lines cruise from this amazing city, including Azamara Club Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, Crystal Cruises, Cunard, Holland America Line, Oceania, Princess Cruises, Regent Seven Seas Cruises and Star Cruises.
There are a number of terminal facilities in operation in Hong Kong at the moment, including Ocean Terminal, China Merchants Wharf, and the soon-to-be-open Kai Tak Cruise Terminal. Ocean Terminal is in the heart of one of the city's most cosmopolitan and vibrant shopping and dining districts, Tsim Sha Tsui, offering over 450 retail shops, 50 restaurants, cinemas and hotels. Nearby you will also find the Hong Kong Cultural Centre, Hong Kong Museum of Art and the Hong Kong Space Museum.
At the western end of Hong Kong Island is China Merchants Wharf, offering an interesting alternative to the hectic berthing facilities in Kowloon, and an insight into how the ancient and modern co-exist in this fascinating city. This year, the new Kai Tak Cruise Terminal is also due to open, located at the former Kai Tak Runaway. This sparkling new facility will offer jaw-dropping views of Victoria Harbour, as well as accommodating two mega cruise ships at the same time.
A cruise from Hong Kong can open you to a world of new cultures and cuisines, with the wonders of China, Korea or Japan, plus the tropical beauty of Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and the Philippines just a few days sail away. You can also extend your holiday with a land component, with easy transport links to Mainland China, Macau and the Pan-Pearl River Delta, or Southern China by the Guangzhou train network.
Hong Kong - the Destination
Hong Kong itself is also a major attraction, and pre- or post-cruise accommodation in the city is always a fantastic way of getting under the skin of its bustling streets, remote islands, ancient Chinese traditions, charming colonial architecture and exciting culinary experiences. You can explore the city with shore excursions offered by the cruise line, or set off on your own adventure. Either way, these are our top 10 attractions for your must-see list, while you are in Hong Kong:
1. Avenue of Stars - modelled on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, the Avenue of Stars honours celebrities of the Hong Kong film industry.
2. The Peak - for out-of-this-world views and an experience you will never forget.
3. Ladies' Market - fantastic for clothing, accessories and souvenir bargains.
4. Clock Tower - a landmark from the Steam Age, the Clock Tower represents Hong Kong's colonial heritage.
5. Hong Kong Disneyland - for a world of magical adventure like you have never experienced before.
6. Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade - offering spectacular skyline views, museums, shops and restaurants.
7. Ocean Park Hong Kong - for thrill rides, giant pandas and a world-class aquarium, you can't look past this attraction.
8. Temple Street Night Market - from souvenirs and snacks to fortune tellers and Opera.
9. Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre - a stunning backdrop for many historically rich ceremonies.
10. Big Buddha and Po Lin Monastery - an impressive, giant bronze Buddha set in the natural beauty of Lantau Island.
With its fascinating cultural fusions, world-class attractions and multi-destination access, it's no wonder Hong Kong is Asia's cruise hub. If Asia is on your list of "must-cruise" destinations, Hong Kong is the perfect place to start your adventure!
For more information on cruise itineraries into and out of Hong Kong, call your Cruise Specialist today on 1300 954 661!