Get To Know Travelmarvel
Since its inception, Travelmarvel has carefully carved a niche in the affordable travel market, offering passengers exciting trips that boast great value for money. Here, the Cruiseabout team have shone a spotlight on this pioneering Australian travel company.
Did you know?
- Travelmarvel was founded in the 1980s in Melbourne by Clyde Harding.
- Clyde focused on understanding what his customers wanted and was keen to push the envelope in the hope of exploring new marketing opportunities. He was known for his larger-than-life personality and inspirational leadership.
- The company began by taking passengers on local shopping trips and ski tours.
- Over the years, Travelmarvel started offering trips to domestic destinations such as the Flinders Ranges, Tasmania and the Red Centre. Travelmarvel also began offering budget tours to New Zealand’s North Island, heralding the introduction of its international trips.
- In 1996, the company became part of the APT Travel Group, which also includes renowned travel brands such as APT, Captain’s Choice, Antarctica Flights, Kimberley Wilderness Adventures and Botanic World Discoveries.
- Today, Travelmarvel offers affordable and exciting travel experiences in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Alaska, Europe, Asia, Russia and South America. Itineraries feature ocean cruising, river cruising, land journeys and rail journeys.
- Travelmarvel’s Traveller Club provides repeat passengers with rewards, from free airport transfers and complimentary accommodation to savings on future voyages. Membership is free and automatically granted for passengers on bookings of seven days or more.
- The company prides itself on providing quality travel experiences for groups (minimum 10 passengers). It also offers conference travel and incentive travel for corporate groups and businesses.
- Travelmarvel is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service and is accredited with a variety of travel industry organisations, including the International Cruise Council of Australasia.
- The company’s fleet features a diverse collection of vessels, each of which are designed for different waterways and regions.
- Travelmarvel’s European river cruising fleet include Travelmarvel Jewel, Travelmarvel Diamond and Travelmarvel Sapphire. Travelmarvel Jewel and Travelmarvel Diamond carry 40 crew members and 170 passengers and feature 81 staterooms and four suites. Travelmarvel Sapphire is slightly smaller, carrying 40 crew and 164 guests, with 80 staterooms and two suites.
- The 71.6-metre-long RV La Marguerite journeys around Vietnam and Cambodia’s rivers, while the three-deck-high RV Princess Panhwar transports its passengers and crew around Burma (Myanmar).
- Passengers exploring India’s magical Ganges River will be journeying aboard the 51-metre-long RV Rajmahal, while the MS Victoria Katarina and the MS Victoria Jenna sail along China’s picturesque Yangtze River.
- Travelmarvel’s South America Amazon River cruises are hosted aboard the beautiful M/V Anakonda, which boasts private balconies, a Jacuzzi, an alfresco lounge and a spacious observation deck.
- The company’s ocean cruises visit destinations such as Norway, Tasmania, Alaska, South America, New Zealand and the Kimberley coastline.
Does Travelmarvel sound like the perfect cruise line for you? Learn more or make a booking by calling us on 1300 954 661 today. Our experienced cruise consultants can answer all your questions, whether you’re enquiring about Travelmarvel’s itineraries, prices, shore excursions, onboard activities or more.