Fun Facts: Seabourn
Seabourn cruises offer travellers casual elegance akin to sailing on a private yacht: exclusive ocean views, intimate dining, and unsurpassed luxury. Their small ships boast the highest ratio of space per guest in the industry, while also affording guests intimate, unique voyages to smaller ports unreachable by larger cruise ships.
- Seabourn Cruise Line was founded in 1986 with the goal to emulate the sophistication and casual grace of private yachts.
- It was originally named Signet Cruise Lines but soon renamed amid trademark concerns.
- Seabourn Pride, the cruise line’s first ship, launched in 1988 carrying 208 guests, followed just one year later by sister ship Seabourn Spirit.
- In 1991, Carnival Corporation invested in Seabourn, eventually taking full ownership of the company.
- In the late 1990s, Seabourn was merged with Cunard Cruise Lines, though it later demerged and became its own brand under Carnival Corporation.
- Seabourn Cruise Line is headquartered in Seattle, Washington
- The Seabourn fleet consists of four small luxury cruise ships, with a new ship, Seabourn Ovation, due in 2018.
- Each cruise ship offers all-suite cabins, a water sports marina, an open-bar policy, gourmet dining, and much more.
- Last year welcomed Seabourn’s largest cruise ship, Seabourn Encore, with ultra-modern amenities, innovative design featuring yacht-like décor, and a passenger capacity of 600.
- Seabourn Quest carried her first 458 guests in 2011. With 225 ocean-view suites (most with private veranda), Seabourn Quest offers an intimate cruise experience, made even better by the award-wining dining on offer.
- Seabourn Sojourn made her debut on the River Thames in 2010 with her first 458 guests. This ship features the largest spa on any luxury cruise ship, as well as six whirlpools, two swimming pools, a sun terrace, and a panoramic observation bar.
- In 2009, Seabourn Odyssey set sail on her maiden voyage, complete with 229 beautiful ocean-view suites, some of which feature a private, glass-enclosed solarium with tub and day bed.Seabourn’s world-class fleet reaches every corner of the world and offers a variety of cruises to suit every traveller’s tastes – from week-long Caribbean cruises to 100-day journeys around the world.
- Each carrying just 458 to 600 passengers with a near equal number of staff, Seabourn’s luxury cruise liners offer an intimate experience with unrivalled personalised service.
Experience the unique luxury of Seabourn Cruise Line for yourself today; contact one of our friendly cruise consultants on 1300 769 228.
Set sail on a dream holiday with Cruiseabout
Images courtesy of Getty & Instagram