Four Of The Best Cruise Ship Loyalty Programs
Signing up to a cruise ship’s loyalty program can be one of the best decisions you make if you’re a frequent cruiser. They all offer rewards, discounts and a number of benefits that can make your time at sea – and on land – even more enjoyable. We’ve put together an overview of four of the most popular loyalty programs offered by the biggest cruise companies out there – just when you thought cruising couldn’t get any better…
The P&O loyalty program – otherwise known as the Peninsular Club – was initiated to reward loyal guests with a number of benefits and privileges. The Peninsular Club has 6 different levels of membership, and the more points you earn, the higher the level of membership you can attain. Higher levels of membership offer an increasing number of privileges. Here are some of the benefits you could get once you become a Peninsular Club member:
• Discounts on purchases made at sea (e.g., in bars, shops, spas, on shore excursions)
• Complimentary glass of Champagne
• Dedicated check-in and priority boarding
• Invitation to onboard cocktail parties
• Our World magazine subscription
• Free formal attire pressing service.
Becoming a member of the Peninsular Club is simple. All you need to do is accumulate at least 150 loyalty points (each night spent on a P&O cruise earns you 10 points) and you can immediately take advantage of the range of benefits and privileges offered through P&O’s loyalty program.
The Carnival Cruises’ loyalty program – the Very Important Fun Person (VIFP) Club – is all about giving back to those passengers who choose to cruise with Carnival again and again. Members are able to accumulate points simply by cruising with Carnival: each night spent out at sea onboard a Carnival cruise ship earns you 1 point. The more points you accumulate, the higher your membership status. And the higher your membership status, the more benefits you’ll get. Currently there are 5 levels of membership: Blue, Red, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond. Here are just some of the benefits you could receive by being part of the VIFP Club:
• Members-only special offers
• Complimentary 1 litre bottle of water
• Priority check-in and boarding
• Priority Spa reservations
• Member e-newsletter
• Priority debarkation
• Complimentary cabin upgrades.
Joining the VIFP Club is really easy - simply sign up online and you’ll be able to take advantage of the club’s benefits straight away.
The Princess Cruises’ loyalty program, the Princess Captain’s Circle, was set up to reward and encourage repeat cruisers. Membership is split into 3 tiers (Gold, Platinum and Elite) and passengers are able to move up from one tier to the other by taking multiple cruises. There’s no special application form to fill out to become a member. Instead, you’ll be automatically enrolled as soon as you embark on your first cruise. Here are some of the benefits guests can potentially take advantage of by becoming a part of the Princess Captain’s Circle:
• Cruise discounts
• Preferred check-in and access to members lounge
• Invitations to exclusive onboard events (e.g. cocktail parties)
• Princess passport and collectable stamps
• Complimentary Internet credit, wine tastings and afternoon tea
• Subscription to quarterly Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle magazine.
Royal Caribbean International’s loyalty program – the Crown & Anchor Society – is committed to rewarding loyal guests with exclusive discounts, promotions and privileges to give them the best time possible while at sea. Membership is open to all guests who have sailed at least once with Royal Caribbean, and is split into 6 tiers: Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Plus Diamond and Pinnacle Club. Some of the benefits offered through the Crown & Anchor Society loyalty program include:
• Value booklet with special onboard offers
• Priority waiting list for shore excursions
• Exclusive invitation to Welcome Back Party
• Subscription to member newsletter
• Priority check-in and boarding
• Complimentary bathrobes
• Priority seating at the theatre, ice show, and Aquatheatre events.
Joining Royal Caribbean’s loyalty program is simply a matter of filling out an online form and then activating your membership.
Thinking about booking a cruise and joining one of these loyalty programs? Contact one of our friendly staff members on 1300 954 661 today, and let us tell you even more about what awaits you if you do!
Set sail on a dream holiday with Cruiseabout