A Quantum Leap Forward
Quantum of the Seas, Royal Caribbean's newest ship, is only set to launch 19 months from now, but it is already creating waves in the cruising world.
At Cruiseabout we have definitely been WOWED by the promises of this new ship, and cannot wait to see more! But, until then, we thought we would let you in on some facts, new features and things to look forward to about Quantum of the Seas.
- Quantum of the Seas is being built at Meyer Werft in Papenburg, Germany, and is set to debut in November 2014
- Kristin Chenoweth is her godmother
- She will meausre 348 metres long and 41 metres wide
- Featuring 16 passenger decks with 16 passenger elevators, Quantum will weigh in at 167 800 gross registered tons
- She will have a guest capacity of 4,152 at double occupancy, and 4,905 guests in total
- Quantum of the Seas will feature 2,090 of RCI's largest and most advanced staterooms
- 1,570 of these will be balcony staterooms, while 147 will be outside and 373 will be inside staterooms
- These inside staterooms will be known as Virtual Balcony Staterooms, as they will offer guests expansive real-time views of the ocean and destinations
- There will be up to 16 family-connected staterooms, perfect for multi-generational families or groups of friends
- There will also be 12 new Studio balcony staterooms and 16 Studio inside staterooms, for single travellers
- Cutting-edge transformative venues will be a signature of the Quantum class ships
- Two70° will be a multi-level room, offering 270° panoramic sea views through floor-to-ceiling glass walls, spanning almost 3 decks - it will fuse entertainment and technology to create a transformative journey for guests morning to night
- SeaPlex will be the largest indoor active space at sea, offering guests the chance to try their hand at bumper cars, circus school, roller skating and much more
- The Music Hall will be a live music venue offering intimate and exclusive access to live performances, DJs, theme night parties, billiards and more
First at Sea Activities:
- Want to try skydiving? Why not try it at sea? RipCord by iFly will offer the first skydiving experience at sea, with a windtunnel overlooking the Flowrider surf simulator and offering views of the sea
- And, for the penultimate in views, you will be able to head to NorthStar - this is a jewel-shaped glass capsule that rises 300ft in the air, offering awe-inspiring, 360° views during the day. This complimentary activity runs for 15 minute sessions, and is open to guests of all ages. It is also wheelchair accessible
Quantum of the Seas will be sailing from Cape Liberty in Bayonne, New Jersey, on 7 to 12 night itineraries to the Bahamas and Caribbean in her 2014/15 season.
To register your interest in receiving updates on Quantum of the Seas, including when bookings will be available, call your Cruise Specialist today on 1300 954 661.