With an Australia cruise, you can enjoy picture-postcard views on of some of Australia's most spectacular coastlines. Take in the sight of sand-kissed beaches from the bow of some of the world's most luxurious liners, call in on the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef and conquer the Bass Strait before pulling up anchor in one of Tasmania’s historic ports. Cruising is a fun and unique way of exploring your own backyard!
From short breaks to a full circumnavigation of Australia, check out the latest cruise deals today or contact a one of our friendly Cruising Specialists onfor more details.
Description & Region Information
Overview of Australia
Bordered to the west by the Indian Ocean and the in the east by the South Pacific, Australia is the sixth-largest country in the world and undoubtedly one of the most cosmopolitan.
Prior to British settlement in the 1700s, Australia was inhabited by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for more than 50,000 years. Today, Australia's population comes from all corners of the globe with various waves of migrants from nearly 200 different countries now calling Australia home.
- Currency - Australian Dollar (AUD)
- Population - approximately 23 million
- Time Zone - UTC-10
Who Cruises There?
Big-ship cruise lines such as P&O Australia, Princess Cruises and Carnival Australia offer fantastic cruises around Australia all year round. Other major cruise lines such as Royal Caribbean International, Holland America Line, Cunard Cruise Line and Celebrity Cruises also offer Australian itineraries throughout the main cruise season from November to March.
Best Time to Cruise
That depends on what you want out of your cruise holiday. The main cruise season is during summer - from November to March - when cruise lines that aren't based in Australia send a ship or two Down Under for the season. But, there are cruise ships based in Australia all year-round, so you can sneak in a winter cruise or two if that is your preference.
Search & Book Cruise Deals
Whether you're keen for outdoor adventures or eager to soak up some culture, the highlights of a cruise through Australian waters are many.
- The sparkling lights of Sydney Harbour Bridge at dusk offer a perfect 'bon voyage' as you sail out through Sydney Heads
- Cruising through the Great Barrier Reef affords the chance to enjoy the Whitsundays' 74 unique islands, with their mesmerisingly azure waters, secluded beaches and striking natural landscapes
- The fertile Yarra Valley will delight with its world-class wineries and charming villages, after you pull into the Port of Melbourne and partake in a tour of the region
- Historic Hobart will keep you busy with its bustling markets and picturesque portside restaurants
- If you're in the market for some pearls, a stop in the sleepy seaside town of Broome - the so-called 'Pearling Capital of the World' – will be right up your alley.