Terms and Conditions
1. Entry is open to Australian residents over the age of 18.
2. Employees of Flight Centre Limited, Qantas Airways, APT Touring, Royal Caribbean and their immediate families are not permitted to enter.
3. To qualify for an entry into the draw, applicable persons must complete at least one of the following between 21 October 2011 and 30 Nov 2011 by visiting: http://www.cruiseabout.com.au/competition
a. Register online for the Cruiseabout email newsletters as a new or updated subscriber and select your preference of cruising
b. As a current member, enter your details, select your preference of cruising and refer at least one friend to subscribe to Cruiseabout email newsletters as new subscribers
4. The following will not be permitted entry into the draw:
a. The referrer email address where the referred email address/es are not a valid email address format and/or an existing email address.
b. The referrer email address where spam software has been utilised to generate referral email address entries.
c. The referrer email address where referred email address/es have been submitted multiple times from a unique referrer email address.
5. There will be six prizes as follows:
1. First Prize – European Cruise Escape – your choice of 2 kinds of cruise holiday:
A European River Cruise Escape
Total value of first place prize, option A - MAXIMUM AUD$14,211 per person.
A European Ocean Cruise Escape
Total value of first place prize, option B – MAXIMUM AUD$7,685 per person.
Prizes 2-6 (weekly prizes):
Wednesday prizes (drawn on the 2nd of November, 9th of November, 16th of November, 23rd of November and 30th of November) valid for 5 winners.
OCEAN PACK INCLUSIONS
VALUE is approx $300
RIVER PACK INCLUSIONS
VALUE is approx $300
Total value of runners up prizes – MAXIMUM AUD $1500
TOTAL VALUE OF
6. First prize value is based on cruises departing either 27 September 2012 or 26 October 2012 only. Other cruise departure dates will not be allowed, although passengers can extend their travel before the cruise begins and after the cruise finishes at their own expense, as long as airfares depart within same season.
7. If the winner is unable to travel on the desired date, the prize can be transferred to a family member or friend. However, the prize is non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable and non-redeemable for cash.
8. Cruiseabout, Royal Caribbean, APT Cruises and Qantas Airways reserve the right to change the date of departure in the case of unforeseen circumstances such as flight schedule changes, itineraray changes etc.
9. Prize AIRFARE conditions:
10. All airline, accommodation and tour validity dates may vary. Blackout periods and seasonal restrictions may apply.
11. Major prize-winners will need to travel at their own expense to depart from Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide or Perth, Australia. No additional domestic airfares are included for winners from other states and cities.
12. Booking of travel prize is subject to airline, accommodation and tour availability and Flight Centre Limited’s Booking Terms and Conditions. The recipient of this prize is responsible for all travel costs to and from the points of departure, airport transfers, additional transfers, travel insurance, freight, excess baggage, meals where required, passports, extension of stay, additional passengers, tours and any other incidental expenses not stipulated in the first prize inclusions. Airline seats are in Economy Class.
13. The competition commences on 21 October 2011 and closes at 11.59pm on 30 November 2011.
14. The competition will be drawn electronically.
15. The major prize draw will take place at 11am on Wednesday 7 December 2011 at Flight Centre Head Office, Level 2, 545 Queen Street, Brisbane QLD 4000.
16. The major prize winner will be notified by phone and email on Friday 9 December 2011 then published in The Australian newspaper on Friday 16 December 2011.
17. All prize winners will have 12 weeks to claim their prize from the 9th of December. After the 2nd of March 2012, should the winners not have claimed their prize, the prize will be redrawn (see point numbers 20 and 21 below).
18. The Wednesday Prizes draws will take place at 12pm (local time) at Flight Centre Limited Head Office, Level 2, 545 Queen Street, Brisbane QLD 4000 on the corresponding Wednesday. The dates of these draws will be as follows:
a. Wednesday 2nd of November 2011 (12 pm local time)
b. Wednesday 9th of November 2011 (12 pm local time)
c. Wednesday 16th of November 2011 (12 pm local time)
d. Wednesday 23rd of November 2011 (12 pm local time)
e. Wednesday 30th of November 2011 (12 pm local time)
19. All winners of the Wednesday Prizes will be contacted on the Thursday following (via email and/or phone) and announced in the Thursday e-newsletter sent to all members of the database. Therefore:
a. Wednesday 2nd of November 2011 (12pm local time) – announced 3rd November
b. Wednesday 9th of November 2011 (12 pm local time) – announced 10th November
c. Wednesday 16th of November 2011 (12 pm local time) – announced 17th November
d. Wednesday 23rd of November 2011 (12 pm local time) – announced 24th November
e. Wednesday 30th of November 2011 (12 pm local time) – announced 1st December
All winners of the Wednesday prizes will be published in the Australian newspaper at the completion of the competition on Friday 16 December 2011.
20. Should an unclaimed prize draw be necessary for the Major Prize, a redraw will be held at 11am on Wednesday the 7th of March at Flight Centre Head Office, Level 2, 545 Queen Street, Brisbane QLD 4000. The winner of the unclaimed major prize draw will be notified by phone and email and published in The Australian newspaper on Friday 16th of March 2012.
21. Should any unclaimed prize draws be necessary for the Wednesday prizes, a redraw will be held at 11am on Wednesday the 7th of March at Flight Centre Head Office, Level 2, 545 Queen Street, Brisbane QLD 4000. The winners of any unclaimed Wednesday prize draws will be notified by phone and email and published in The Australian newspaper on Friday 16th of March 2012.
22. The winners consent to the use of their name, suburb of residence and image for promotional and marketing purposes and agree to participate in reasonable promotional activities as requested by the Promoter.
23. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not responsible or liable for:
(i) inaccurate/incorrect transcription of entry information;
(ii) purported entries that are not received for any reason, including because they are lost, misdirected or stolen, or that are received, but are late, illegible, incomplete, or sent other than as directed in the entry instructions;
(iii) any problems or technical failures of any kind, including malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or network, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software;
(iv) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any service whether or not caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website;
(v) unauthorised human intervention in any part of the competition;
(vi) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the competition;
(vii) any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to a prize winner and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying a winner; or
(viii) any injury or damage to persons or property, including to the participant's or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
24. The Promoter will not be liable for personal injury suffered during prize winnings. The winner, and his or her guests (if any), must sign and return any liability release and indemnity provided by the Promoter and/or its contractors as a condition of a prize being awarded. Failure to return the signed releases and indemnities will result in the entitlement to the prize being forfeited and the selection of another winner.
25. This condition does not affect, and is not intended to affect, any rights a consumer might have, which cannot be excluded under applicable consumer protection laws. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its servant or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the cost of having the prize supplied again.
26. The Promoter is Flight Centre Limited
27. This promotion is authorised under SA Lic No. E122/2006, ACT Lic No. TP06/04627, NSW Lic No.