Welcome Onboard: Harmony of the Seas
Upon its highly anticipated arrival, the Harmony of the Seas made cruising history by becoming the biggest cruise ship in the world. Royal Caribbean International’s behemoth has it all, from top-of-the-range dining venues to exciting theatre shows, luxurious accommodation and thrilling water slides.
Harmony of the Seas In Numbers
Crafted in Saint-Nazaire, France, the Harmony of the Seas set sail on its maiden voyage in May, 2016. The vessel weighs 226,963 Gross Register Tonnage (GRT), is 1,188 feet long and has a cruising speed of 22 knots. Carrying up to 6,687 guests and 2,193 crew members, the Harmony of the Seas features 16 guest decks (18 in total), 24 guest elevators, 8 specialty restaurants and 4,908 total restaurant seats. Of its 2,747 staterooms, 1,957 are balcony staterooms, 15 are studio rooms and 76 guest rooms have virtual balconies.
Harmony's Neighbourhoods of Fun, Entertainment and Activities
Continuing Royal Caribbean’s theme of neighbourhoods, the Harmony of the Seas boasts seven distinct areas:
- Central Park – Filled with shops, cafés and tree-lined paths, this unique greenspace is the perfect place to relax and enjoy some retail therapy. Along with 12,000 lush plants and trees, you’ll discover Jamie’s Italian, Park Café, 150 Central Park, Chops Grille and more here.
- Royal Promenade – Always lively, head to this glitzy neighbourhood for a pub crawl or to enjoy a feast at one of the local cafés or restaurants. Be sure to swing by the Bionic Bar, where robot bartenders can whip up a delicious cocktail right before your eyes.
- Boardwalk – Channel your inner child and get lost in the fun and games at the colourful Boardwalk neighbourhood. Take a ride on the carousel and test out your gaming skills in the arcade before making your way to the AquaTheater, where you’ll be amazed by an enthralling high-dive show.
- Pool and Sports Zone – Get your heart pumping with action-packed activities such as rock climbing, ziplining and flowriding. Kids will love Splashaway Bay, where slides, buckets, water cannons and waterfalls abound. The Harmony of the Sea’s Perfect Storm waterslides are also ready to accommodate any thrill-seekers who want to up the ante, while the fearsome 10-storey Ultimate Abyss slide offers you the chance to experience the tallest slide at sea.
- Vitality Spa & Fitness – To slow things down and relax after a hectic day in port, there’s nowhere you’d rather be than this neighbourhood. Here, you can order anything from massages to manicures in your quest for relaxation and rejuvenation.
- Entertainment Place – As night falls, this vibrant neighbourhood comes to life. Enjoy a flutter at the Vegas-style Casino Royale, dance the night away, be entertained by a Broadway show or sip on a refreshing cocktail.
- Youth Zone – The Harmony of the Sea’s younger passengers will love having their own place to hang out. Grouped by age and supervised by trained staff, teenagers, kids and even babies will enjoy a variety of workshops, games and activities crafted just for them.
To book a voyage on the larger-than-life Harmony of the Seas, get in touch by calling us on 1300 954 661 today. Our friendly cruise consultants can help you with everything, from advice on what to pack to travel insurance and flights.