Pride of America to Undergo Major Renovation
Norwegian Cruise Lines' 2,124 passenger, US-flagged vessel, Pride of America is set to undergo a major renovation early next year.
Sailing the Hawaiian islands year-round, Pride of America is due for a major refurbishment, and she will get just that, entering dry dock in Honolulu on 23 March 2013 for 2 weeks, for a US$30 million refurbishment.
"As the only large US-flagged ship, Pride of America offers a unique and extraordinary vacation to four of Hawaii's most popular islands," said Nowegian Cruise Line's Chief Executive Officer, Kevin Sheehan. "We want to ensure that we are continuing to enhance the guest experience on this one-of-a-kind vessel. Therefore, we are making a major investment - over $30 million - in enhancing this ship," he said.
New Features and Amenities:
- 24 new luxury suites, including 2 Deluxe Owner Suites and 22 Family Suites, mostly sleeping up to 6 guests
- These new suites will have premium custom furnishings, fabrics, carpets, ultra-luxurious bathrooms and expansive balconies
- Suite guests will have dedicated butlers and concierge, luxurious Tranquility matresses from Bliss Collection by Norwegian, Lavazza Espresso Makers, Elemis bath products, private dining for breakfast and lunch, and much more
- There will also be 4 new studio staterooms added that are designed (and priced) for solo travellers, as well as 4 new inside staterooms
- All guest and crew staterooms will be upgraded with flat screen TV's, and WiFi will be available throughout the ship
- The carpet in all guest staterooms and public areas will be replaced
- Video, sound and light enhancements will be made throughout the ship
- The fitness centre equipment will be upgraded
- Décor in the Aloha Cafe, the buffet restaurant, will be updated, and lazy J's Steakhouse will be replaced with the cruise line's signature Cagney's Steakhouse
- Directional signage will be updated throughout the ship
- And renovations will be made to the Photo and Art Gallery, as well as the gift sho[