Get to Know Peregrine
Specialising in off-the-beaten-track journeys, Peregrine Adventures is the ideal cruise provider for those seeking in-depth explorations of some of the world’s most fascinating destinations. Here, we’ve profiled this popular travel brand to help you become better acquainted.
- Peregrine was founded in 1977 and began life as a trekking company.
- As per the company’s first ever brochure cover from December 1977, travellers were taken on a Nepalese journey that included jungle safaris, white-water rafting and Himalayan trekking.
- By 1981, Peregrine was offering trips to Kashmir, Sikkim, Little Tibet, Bhutan, Sri Lanka and Papua New Guinea.
- The travel company has evolved over time and now provides small-group journeys in over 80 countries around the world, including polar and adventure cruises.
Did you know?
- Peregrine is part of the Intrepid Group, which includes other travel brands such as Geckos Adventures, Adventure Tours Australia and Intrepid Travel.
- The company’s name comes from the word ‘peregrinate’, which means to travel or wander from place to place.
- Peregrine Adventures has been working with local guides since 1995. On its Arctic and Antarctic voyages, passengers are joined by seasoned experts such as zoologists, historians, geologists and ornithologists.
- Depending on the ship, guests on Peregrine cruises usually travel with 35-50 other passengers. The adventure cruises typically attract European, North American and antipodean travellers of all ages.
- Peregrine Adventures can provide private travel options for those travelling in small groups, allowing for a more independent experience with close friends and family.
- Travellers who have journeyed with Peregrine nine times become a Peregrine Legend and receive a reward of $2,500 towards their 10th trip (terms and conditions apply).
- In 2002, the company set up its own not-for-profit organisation. Since being founded,The Intrepid Foundation has raised money for grassroot projects in 25 countries and gives travellers the chance to make a difference in the places they visit.
- Peregrine Adventures’ fleet of ships includes seven adventure cruise vessels and four polar cruise vessels.
- The adventure cruise ships travel to destinations such as Croatia, Greece, Costa Rica, Cuba, Seychelles, Iceland, Spain, Portugal and the Canary Islands.
- Many of the adventure cruise ships, such as the Galileo, the Panorama, the Panorama II, the Pegasus and the Callisto, have been renovated in the last three years.
- With enough room for 49 guests, The Galileo and the Panorama II have the largest passenger capacity out of the adventure cruise ships (each ship has 25 cabins).
- The Panorama has undertaken several Atlantic Ocean crossings, including sailing from the Seychelles to Monte Carlo.
- Carrying up to 199 guests and measuring 137 metres in length, the Ocean Endeavour is Peregrine’s largest polar cruise vessel and boasts its own elevator! The smallest polar ship is the Island Sky, which measures 91 metres in length and has a guest capacity of 106 but also features an elevator on board.
Does a trip with Peregrine Adventures sound right up your alley? To make a booking or to find out more, get in touch with our knowledgeable cruise consultants on 1300 954 661 today. We can help you find the right itinerary and arrange everything from your cruise booking to your travel insurance and flights.