Cunard has announced details of its 2018 Europe program, featuring a series of special event cruises and an impressive 20 maiden calls for its three iconic Queens. Between them, Queen Mary 2, Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria will offer 39 roundtrip cruises from Southampton from March until December 2018, including sailings to the Mediterranean, Atlantic Islands and Europe.
The new program includes 20 maiden calls to destinations around the world, with visits to exotic ports like Havar in Croatia, La Rochelle in France, Bodo in Norway and Puerto del Rosario in Spain among the program highlights. Cunard is also returning to 10 past popular destinations including Helsinki in Finland, Alghero in Sardinia and Gdynia in Poland. Providing Australian guests with even easier access to ‘the best of the Med’, Cunard will offer fly-cruise Queen Victoria itineraries to the Western and Central Mediterranean regions between September and November 2018. This program allows passengers the flexibility to join voyages lasting between seven and 21 nights and to disembark at captivating historic cities such as Rome, Venice or Barcelona.
Meanwhile Queen Mary 2 will continue to offer the only regular Transatlantic crossing in the world with 22 crossings scheduled in 2018, and the opportunity for a double crossing sailing roundtrip from Southampton on select voyages. Cunard’s program of special event cruises and onboard activities includes high profile speakers, and has been themed around guests’ interests to add a special dimension to each voyage, while a wide spectrum of entertainment has been curated to suit every taste.
The 2018 special event program includes:
- Transatlantic Fashion Week: Passengers will be treated to the glamour of fashion shows onboard Queen Mary 2 while being treated to inspirational talks with some of fashion’s most reputable names including British fashion writer Colin McDowell MBE
- Voyage du Vin: Wine-tasting onboard Queen Victoria introduces passengers to some of Europe’s finest wine and port destinations, along with onboard talks from experts and excursions around the Atlantic Coast
- A Journey of Genealogy: For the first time Cunard will offer the opportunity for passengers to trace their family trees on the remastered Queen Mary 2, collaborating with Ancestry.com, the largest online family history resource in the world for the trip of a lifetime across the Atlantic
- A Photographic Journey to the Land of the Midnight Sun: Passengers on Queen Elizabeth’s Norwegian Voyage will learn professional tips from esteemed photography experts and take a special trip to the Arctic Circle to photograph the stunning phenomena of the “midnight sun”
- Big Band Ball: Queen Elizabeth will play host to a spectacular celebration of music and dance, with a 13-piece Big Band Orchestra delighting guests with music from Glen Miller to Duke Ellington.
The 2018 program also includes five Christmas Market voyages and a special five-night New Year Voyage calling in Amsterdam on 31 December.
Cunard Director Angus Struthers said the 2018 main program offered an incredible richness and variety with itineraries and events that appeal to all.
“Whether it’s a two-night short break or a 24-night voyage the Queens of Cunard offer every single passenger luxury on a grand scale,” Mr Struthers said.
“Our fleet has long been synonymous with glamour and style, so what better way to experience everything the world has to offer than from an iconic Cunard Queen?”
For more details on Cunard's exciting new itineraries call 1300 769 228 or set sail with Crusieabout.