Cruise Spotlight: European Gems Itinerary - Travelmarvel
This week we are putting the spotlight on an amazing itinerary offered by Travelmarvel - a European river cruise and tour from Paris to Prague. Over 21 days, this itinerary covered 8 countries - France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Slovakia and the Czech Republic, and includes a cruise through the Rhine, Main and Danube rivers, stopping to take in the iconic attractions and scenery of Europe's heartland.
Whether it is your first time to Europe, or your 20th, this itinerary is a fantastic way to get up close and personal with the land, the locals and the culture.
Itinerary and Inclusions:
- Start your holiday by spending 3 nights immersed in Paris at a stylish and centrally-located hotel, the Les Jardins du Marais
- From Paris, board a coach to Amsterdam where you will join your luxurious river cruise vessel
- Spend 14 nights cruising Europe's majestic waterways from Amsterdam to Budapest on one of Travelmarvels beautiful river vessels
- Your cruise itinerary will take you from Amsterdam to Cologne, Koblenz, Rudesheim, Wertheim, Wurzburg, Kitzingen, Bamberg, Nuremberg, Regensburg, Passau, Linz, Melk, Durnstein, Vienna and then arriving in Budapest
- From Budapest, get a coach ride to Prague, where you will spend 3 nights at the Grandoir Hotel Prague, with the charming Old Town at your doorstep
- During your river cruise, enjoy the services of a dedicated Travelmarvel Cruise Director, and the services of a Tour Director during your land tours
- 49 meals are included in the fare - 20 breakfasts, 15 lunches and 14 dinners
- Enjoy daily complimentary bottled water, tea and coffee, as well as soft drink, beer and local wine during lunch and dinner on your cruise
- Explore 20 different towns, villages and cities, with local experts to guide you
- Your transfers, port charges and tipping are all included in your fare
During your cruise and tour, you will have many amazing experiences, including Travelmarvel's exclusive Insider Experiences. These are unique special stays, memorable meals and local insights, organised by Travelmarvel specifically for you, giving you the chance to discover more of Europe than you would exploring on your own.
- Visit the iconic Eiffel Tower for lunch
- Explore the majestic 19th century Drachenburg Castle in Germany
- Immerse yourself in Wertheim culture and be welcomed into the home of a local
- Indulge in your own private 'Oktoberfest' with locals in Vilshofen, accommpanied by folk music, song and dance
- Tour a Viennese schnapps distillery
- Enjoy a wine tasting and lunch at Welahozeves Castle in the Czech Republic
Your Insider Experiences won't be the only highlights of your trip:
- See all of the iconic sites of Paris
- Cruise along the canals of Amsterdam
- Glide through the scenic Rhine Gorge
- Join a local guide to explore Melk Abbey
- See Vienna's best-loved landmarks
- Enjoy a twilight cruise along the Danube River
- Discover Prague's beautiful Old Town
This stunning itinerary allows you to combine the best of Paris and Prague as a land tour, with a 14 night river cruise along the majestic waterways of Europe nestled in between the two cities. Travelmarvel have taken care of all of the details for you, so all that is left for you to do is choose a date that works best for you.
This itinerary is offered on a number of Travelmarvels luxurious river vessels, including Travemarvel Jewel and Travelmarvel Diamond. It is offered from 1 March until 31 December 2015 on various dates, operating both from Amsterdam to Budapest and return. Prices start from only $8395* per person, twin share, or $11,995 for a solo stateroom. If you are interested in further details, call one of our Cruising Specialists on 1300 954 661 today.