Celebrity Reflection - Finally Taking Shape
Celebrity Reflection, the sister-ship to Celebrity Eclipse, Equinox, Solstice and Silhouette, is due to début in October 2012, as the fifth ship in Celebrity Cruises' Solstice-class. The 126,000-ton, 3,030 passenger ship is currently under construction at Meyer Werft shipyard in Papenburg, Germany. This week, Celebrity Cruises released a video, which you can see below, showing the final block being laid and Celebrity Reflection's shape finally starting to fall into place.
Celebrity Reflection will be slightly larger than her Solstice-class siblings, as she features an additional deck. This extra space is allowing her to showcase 89 more cabins, 245 more sun decks, and added capacity in the theatre, main dining room and Oceanview Cafe. There are also a number of new features on board Celebrity Reflection that are not found on Celebrity Solstice, Equinox or Eclipse (Celebrity Silhouette debuted in July 2011, and as such she has these new features too). The most significant changes being made are to the Lawn Club, Michael's Club and Team Earth. Here are some more details for you:
- Celebrity Reflection will have an additional 42 suites, including 34 AquaClass spa suites (the first cabins of their kind on this line) and 8 Sky suites. She will also have an additional 19 Concierge-class cabins and 11 inside cabins.
- A speciality restaurant call The Lawn Club Grill will replace the Corning Glass Museum and Solstice class' famous glass-blowing demonstrations. For a fee, passengers can dine at cruising's first outdoor interactive grill venue. For lunch the menu will feature high-end burgers and pizzas, while for dinner you will be able to choose your own cut of meat and BBQ side-by-side with one of the restaurants chefs.
- The Porch is another new venue. It is a 48-seat eatery overlooking the lawn. It will offer complimentary breakfast and lunch options, plus speciality coffee, wine and beer for a fee, in a casual, beachy setting.
- The Art Studio and its central "gathering table" will be used for art demonstrations and a variety of other classes, such as topics such as painting, drawing and mixology.
- Eight cabana-style alcoves will be added to the ship, with each one being able to accommodate up to 4 people and be available for a full- or partial-day rental. All the covers are Wi-Fi enabled, and passengers will have the option to order picnic baskets and beverages for delivery.
- Michael's Club, a Celebrity mainstay, is being transformed from an "elegant social club" into a craft beer bar. Featuring new decor, a selection of whiskeys and scotches and more than 50 international hand-crafted beers, Michael's Club promises to be an exciting venue.
- Team Earth, an interactive environmental awareness exhibit, is being replaced by a lounge area called "The Hideaway", a quiet place for reading, relaxing and listening to music. Apple products from the Celebrity iLounge can be used here, and regular (complimentary) and speciality (for-fee) coffee will be offered.
Following a debut 9-night Northern Europe inaugural cruise, Celebrity Reflection will cruise two Mediterranean voyages. She will then sail from Barcelona to her Miami homeport on a 13-night transatlantic voyage. Once in Miami, Celebrity Reflection will sail a 3-night short cruise, before kicking into its premier season of week-long Eastern Caribbean cruises.