TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
CRUISEABOUT "MELBOURNE CUP CRUISE PHOTO" COMPETITION
WIN 1 x 6-night Carnival Spirit Cruise, Sunday 30 October 2016 - departing and returning to and from Sydney
Conditions of Entry
1. Information about the Prize and how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions of entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry by each entrant.
2. The promoter is Flight Centre Travel Group Limited, ABN 25 003 377 188 of 545 Queen Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000 ("Promoter").
3. Entry is open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older, who enter the promotion in the required manner as stated in these terms and conditions ("Eligible Entrants").
4. Employees of Flight Centre Travel Group Limited, its related bodies corporate, suppliers, agencies, licensees and their immediate families are not permitted to enter.
Duration of Promotion Period
5. The promotion will commence at 1100 AEST on Friday, 24 September 2016 and will continue until 11:59pm AEST on Sunday, 9 October 2016 ("Promotion Period").
How to Enter
6. Eligible Entrants may only enter once.
7. To enter the promotion, Eligible Entrants must upload a photo they've taken of 'their favourite place on a cruise ship where they like to spend most of their time relaxing during a cruise holiday' underneath the Facebook competition post.
8. Eligible entrants must own full usage rights to their photo and comply with the Facebook statement of rights and responsibilities to submit a valid entry. By submitting a photo, the eligible entrant warrants that they have full usage rights to the photo entry and that the photo does not infringe any third party copyright, laws or agreements. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for entries which infringe third party copyright, laws or agreements.
9. Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of the Prize Winner selection.
10. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoters. Entries which are incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, illegible, inappropriate, offensive or incomprehensible or which infringe intellectual property rights will be deemed invalid.
11. Entries must be received by the Promoters during the Promotion Period. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
12. Any costs associated with accessing the promotion are the responsibility of each entrant and are dependent on the Internet Service Provider used.
13. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prize.
14. If the Promoter is unable to provide the Prize Winner with the nominated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to supply an alternative Prize of similar monetary value, subject to any direction of a lottery authority.
15. If the Prize Winner does not accept any element of the Prize, the Promoter is not obliged to provide the Prize Winner with a substitute Prize.
Selection of Prize Winner
16. There will be one (1) prize winner.
17. The Prize Winner(s) will be selected at 4:00pm AEST on Monday, 10 October 2016. The Prize Winner will be chosen based on quality and creativity of the photo entry judged by the Cruiseabout Australia Marketing and Social Media teams.
18. The "Melbourne Cup Cruise" Winner judging will take place at 4:00pm AEST on Monday, 10 October 2016 at Flight Centre Travel Group Limited Head Office, Level 2, 545 Queen Street, Brisbane QLD 4000.
19. The "Melbourne Cup Cruise" Winner will be announced the same time and business day of the Prize judging. The Prize Winner will be notified via Facebook and will be required to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to provide their email and telephone number.
20. The Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result of the Prize Draw.
21. The Prize Winner will have until 11:59pm AEST on Wednesday, 12 October 2016 to claim the Prize.
22. Prize must be taken on 30 October 2016. If the winner and travelling companion are unable to travel for whatever reason, the prize will be forfeited by the winner. Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
23. The Prize includes:
6 nights accommodation in an Inside Guaranteed Cabin on Carnival Spirit Cruise departing Sydney on 30 October 2016 and returning to Sydney on 5 November 2016 for 2 people.
General admission tickets & transfer to the Emirates Melbourne Cup, plus general admission to Oaks Day (no transfers included on this day).
Onboard main meals for 2 people (with the exception of those restaurants which have an additional cover charge).
Selected onboard activities and entertainment for 2 people.
24. The prize does not include:
Flights and/or transfers to/from the winner's home to the departure port of Sydney.
Items of personal nature
25. The total prize value for this promotion is AUD$2,599.
26. The ("Prize") must be booked by 14 October 2016.
27. The Prize must be booked in a Cruiseabout store in Australia and is subject to the Promotor's standard booking terms and conditions (available at www.cruiseabout.com.au).
28. Both passengers using the Prize must be booked on the same trip on the same booking.
29. The Promoter's standard terms & conditions apply as per: http://www.cruiseabout.com.au/company/policies/booking-conditions.
30. Standard Terms and Conditions of travelling with Carnival Cruise Line will apply. See booking and Passage Terms and Conditions at http://www.carnival.com.au/terms.aspx which passengers will be bound by.
32. All entrants who submit any entry to the Promoter: (a) grant the Promoter and its licensees and assignees a non-exclusive licence to exercise all rights in perpetuity throughout the world in the entry material and all other material provided by the entrant to the Promoter pursuant to this promotion at any time; and (b) represent and warrant that the exercise of the rights granted to the Promoter in these terms and conditions will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and (c) indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of the foregoing representation and warranty.
33. By entering this competition entrants agree to allow the Promoter to repost their entry/submission on the Promoter’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Linkedin and Pinterest accounts, the Promoter’s website (www.cruiseabout.com.au) and blog within the Promoter’s electronic direct mail (eDM) communication pieces.
34. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not responsible or liable for:
inaccurate/incorrect transcription of entry information;
purported entries that are not received for any reason, including because they are lost, misdirected or stolen, or that are received, but are late, illegible, incomplete, sent with insufficient postage (where entry is by post), or sent other than as directed in the entry instructions;
any problems or technical failures of any kind, including malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or network, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software;
the unavailability or inaccessibility of any service whether or not caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website;
unauthorised human intervention in any part of the competition;
electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the competition;
any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss arising in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to a Prize Winner and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying a Prize Winner; or
any injury or damage to persons or property, including to the participant's or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
35. The Promoter will not be liable for personal injury suffered during participation in the promotion or use of the Prize, except to the extent directly caused by the Promoter's negligence. If requested by The Promoter, the Prize Winner(s), and his or her guests, must sign and return any liability release and indemnity provided by the Promoter and/or its contractors as a condition of a Prize being awarded. Failure to return the signed releases and indemnities may result in the entitlement to the Prize being forfeited and the selection of another Prize Winner.
36. This above conditions do not affect, and is not intended to affect, any rights a consumer might have, which cannot be excluded under applicable consumer protection laws. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its servant or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the cost of having the Prize supplied again.
37. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered or associated with Facebook.
38. Promoter is Flight Centre Travel Group Limited trading as Cruiseabout ABN 25 003 377 188 ACN 003 377 188 Travel Agent Licence WA 9TA 00589.